Plant-based living has become increasingly important to people all over the world. A vegan way of living is finding favour with many individuals, and going vegan is always a cause for celebration. The animals and our planet, along with our health benefit the most. As the vegan movement gains ground it commemorates the occasion globally, with World Vegan Month being celebrated across the world during November. Here’s to more plant-based living and its impactful benefits!
WORLD VEGAN MONTH: PLANT-BASED LIVING
Starting in the year 1994, World Vegan Day is celebrated every year on the 1st of November. The whole month is generally celebrated as Vegan Month. Put into place to raise awareness about animal cruelty and the importance of protecting our environment Vegan Month is a time to recognize the wide range of benefits that going vegan can bring us.
WHAT ‘VEGANISM’ IS ALL ABOUT AND ITS BENEFITS
Vegans are people who do not use eat meat, animal products, and animal by-products like honey, milk, cheese, eggs, fur, silk, and leather in their daily lives, for food or otherwise. A vegan lifestyle is a discipline, anyone can try and enjoy it if he or she is willing to innovate and strike a chord with Nature and the planet. A vegan way of life is cruelty-free, satisfying not only your nutritional needs but also getting you to experiment with your taste buds.
Benefits of going vegan:
- A vegan diet is high in fiber and low in cholesterol levels.
- Cruelty-free and environment-friendly a vegan diet majorly make use of natural foods that are readily available in nature.
- It is said to keep diseases at bay.
- A vegan lifestyle is said to lower blood sugar levels, significantly lower the occurrence of kidney disorders, cancer, lung diseases, and arthritis.
- It is said to assist excess weight loss.
HOW TO ADOPT A HEALTHY VEGAN DIET:
When you decide to go vegan, you should take care of some basics:
- Choose oils and spreads that primarily contain unsaturated oils and fats. Eat these in small portions.
- Eat proteins – these come from pulses, beans, and other proteins like tofu.
- Consume at least 5 portions of vegetables and fruits in your diet every day.
- Whenever possible, base your meals on wholegrain – you get your carbohydrate supply from here, and also from rice, pasta, potato, and bread.
- Use dairy alternatives like soya drinks, yogurts, etc. occasionally. Try to go in for the low fat and low sugar options.
- Keep yourself hydrated with lots of fluids, at least 6 to 8 cups a day.
Laila Foods, the online store for world foods in the United Kingdom is a great place for vegan followers! You can find many products and food delicacies that will support your vegan lifestyle. Click here to find out more!