Laila is one of the leading ethnic food brands and Top 3 Dry rice companies of the UK. Established in 1996, initially to provide the best quality Basmati Rice to the rice-eating Asian community in the UK, Laila range has diversified. Besides a range of NATURAL goodness, Laila now offers a new world of exotic SNACKS too. [...]
Imagine a relaxed Sunday evening when your kitchen starts filling up with the majestic aromas of spices that warm up not just your home, but also your soul. Indian food will do that to you! Cooking Indian food is a fine balance of flavours and techniques that are often difficult to master, but with Funky Foodie’s Taste of India Box, a scrumptious and hearty Indian meal is no big culinary feat.
The Taste of India Box is perfect to create the UK’s favourite Indian rice dish – Biryani. Biryani in India is made with several different recipes reflecting the diversity of the sub-continent through the magic of food. It is probably the most famous Indian food around the world, with over 25 variants to indulge your taste buds – Mughlai, Lucknowi, Hyderabadi, Kacchi, Sindi and many more!
Inside the Funky Foodie Taste of India Box, you’ll find the essential non-perishable pantry items to make Biryani, as well as numerous other Indian dishes.
- Laila Basmati Rice (1 kg) – This is a staple ingredient for everything from exotic biryanis and pulavs to simple steamed rice as a side dishes for curries.
- Mehran Sindi Biryani Masala Powder (100 g) – A beautifully balanced blend of spices that are traditionally used in the marinade for biryani.
- Mehran Chat Masala (100 g) – These mixed spices deliver a punch to any Indian marinade, snack, salad or side dish.
- Vindaloo Simmer Sauce (375 g) – Vindaloo is a famous curry dish from the state of Goa prepared with a meat of your choice. The name came from is a garbled pronunciation of the popular Portuguese dish carne de vinhad’alhos (meat marinated in wine-vinegar and garlic).
- Alphonso Mango Pulp (850 g) – Alphonso mango is a seasonal fruit, considered to be among the most superior varieties of the fruit in terms of sweetness, richness and flavour. You can now enjoy mangoes all the year roundwith the tinned mango pulp.
- Nimbu Paani (500 ml) – In the blistering heat of India, fresh lime juice with salt and sugar is drunk to keep heat stroke at bay during the very hot summers. It is cool and refreshing and a rich source of Vitamin C. Enjoy our ready to drink lime juice.
What you get in the box
Mehran Sindhi Biryani Masala Powder
Laila Basmati Rice
Mehran Chat Masala
Vindaloo Simmer Sauce
Alphonso Mango Pulp
Nimbu Paani Still