Explore the world recipes
SHARE, SAVE or SUbmit
Brown Rice Salad with Tofu
- Middle Eastern
Save to My Recipes
Light and vibrant brown rice salad with tofu is your perfect healthy first course meal. Set the tone for your dinner party with this sure-to-impress piquant starter. You can even serve it wrapped in tortilla but don’t forget to warm it up before serving.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice, tomatoes, red onion, olives and tofu.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar and salt.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve.
- 2 cups Laila brown rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) can olives (sliced)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 200 gm cubed tofu
- 2 tbsp fresh basil