Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
Bake these vibrant and healthy bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of brown rice, nuts, tofu and cheese and watch them vanish in a jiffy. The aroma of baked red or green bell peppers that comes from this recipe won’t let you stop eating.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a pan, bring 750 ml water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Cut, core and seed the bell peppers, leaving bottoms intact. Place them in a microwavable dish with about 2 cm of water in the bottom. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, bring soy sauce to a simmer, add tofu and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Add in rice (let it cool down), cranberries, nuts, cheese, salt and pepper; mix all of them and pack firmly into bell peppers.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, and when bell peppers turn brown on the top, serve them hot.
- 280 gm Laila brown rice (uncooked)
- 6 large red or green bell peppers
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 350 gm tofu
- 30 gm pecans or any other desired nuts
- 4 tbsp cheese (grated)
- 60 gm of dried cranberries (dried)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)