I’m a young cook and a new mother. I’ve always loved cooking and really enjoy this recipe during Ramadan.
It’s a simple dessert that is healthy as it incorporates fruit and a real delight for anyone who has tried it!
It is also very easy to bulk up for events/gatherings.
FB, Insta & YouTube: Cookingmywaay
Falooda Delight- Laila Ramadan Recipe
- South Asian
This scrumptious dessert encapsulates falooda, with milkshake and fruit salad. Making it light, refreshing and satisfying. A pleasant surprise at Iftar, after Taraweeh or even at Suhoor.
A quick and easy recipe to enjoy that takes no time to make!
1. Prepare the agar agar by dissolving in water as per the instructions and add 2-3 tbsp of laila rose syrup depending on how much you are making and let it boil. Or prepare jelly mix and add the rose syrup.
2. Once the agar and rose mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken, lower the heat. Then set aside to let it cool and set.
If using jelly, let it set and cool accordingly.
3. In a serving bowl pour some more laila rose syrup and milk. Mix and add full can of evaporated milk. Gently stir. Add the full can of fruit cocktail including juice. Stir so the liquids are well combined.
4. Grate apple, slice banana and add to fruit mixture above.
5. Once the falooda/ jelly is set. Split it in half. (i) grate half (ii) cut the other half into bite size cubes. Add both to the fruit mixture.
6. Leave in the fridge to cool and add vanilla ice cream before serving.
You really don’t need measurements aside from the preparation of the agar which you would need to follow the instructions on pack
- Agar agar power or Jelly mix (in powder form or otherwise)
- Evaporated milk (can) 400g
- Laila Rose syrup (to taste)
- 1 x Canned fruit cocktail in juice
- 1 x Granny Smith Apple
- 1 x Banana
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Whole milk