Explore the world recipes
SHARE, SAVE or SUbmit
Nutty Brown Rice Salad
Save to My Recipes
This nutty brown rice salad adds cheer to any celebration! Remember to cook the rice in advance to lend perfect texture to the salad! This healthy and beautiful combination of assorted nuts and dried fruits in brown rice makes it a chewy and rich side dish.
- Heat oil, add onion and cook until soft. Stir in garam masala, turmeric and chilli pepper. Continue to fry for a minute.
- Place cooked Laila brown rice in a mixing bowl and stir in the onion and spice mixture with a fork.
- Core and slice an apple and sprinkle the apple slices with lemon juice. Add apple slices to the rice mixture along with dried fruits, chopped nuts and herbs. Blend them all thoroughly.
- Mix vegetable oil and vinegar together and use it to moisten the salad. Season well with salt and pepper. And relish.
- 220 gm Laila brown rice (cooked)
- 110 gm dried apricots, bananas, sultanas (coarsely chopped)
- 110 gm assorted nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp National garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 1 pinch chilli pepper
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (chopped)
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)