Spicy Sella Rice Indiana
- Main Course
This fiery Spicy Sella Rice Indiana especially for the classic of classics- Golden Sella Basmati! Remember to soak the rice for some time. Every grain will stand out to tempt you, as you serve with your favorite curry. Whole spices and fried onions hit it off to give you a flavorful treat!
- Set aside rice to soak in a large pan with enough water to cover for 20 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves and cumin seeds. Cook and stir for a minute, then add onion, fry and cook until the onion gets golden brown. Drain the water and stir into the pot, cook and stir the rice for a few minutes, until the rice gets toasted. Add salt and water to the pot, bringing it to a boil. Cover with a lid, while reducing the heat to a low. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Let stand for around 5 minutes.
- Serve with some spicy curry or yoghurt on the side.
- Enjoy hot!
- 185 grams uncooked Laila’s Golden Sella Basmati Rice
- 20 ml of vegetable oil
- 2-inch piece cinnamon piece
- 0.1 grams green cardamom
- 1 whole clove
- 4 grams cumin seeds
- 4 grams of salt
- 500 ml water
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced